Sunday, September 19, 2010

A tale of two questions

One of my strategies for reviewing for a test is to have my students write 1 or 2 questions on a slip of paper about a topic they still need help with.  That way I know what they need as individuals and depending on how many ask about that topic, as a class in a whole.  It has to be about anything in that chapter.  They are anonymous too.  I am getting to know their handwriting though.
One of the questions from my first period was "why is my biology teacher so awesome?"  I don't know who wrote that one.  It made me smile.
Another question in my second period was "when are you actually going to teach us something?"  That one made me catch my breath.  I know who wrote that one.  She has made some negative comments along those lines in class under her breath.
They both will motivate me but in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment